Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Just a confused little girl here, that’s all…

I was browsing other Blogs and was amazed at how many Arab-Hate ones I found. I was about ready to delete this Blog and never return to the Blogging scene again. With as much passion as I have for Islam & Arabs, I’m in no mental-state to debate the issues with people who, by their own words, seem to have dedicated large portions of their lives to nourishing their hate.

It’s incredible the way the developed West has managed to ‘abolish’ racism, sexism, and bias in their day to day lives when it comes to everything BUT Arabs and Islam. Go to any search engine and type ‘Arab Blog’ or something along those lines and the entire first page seems to be hate-links.

Hate. Hate. Hate. And more Hate.

I would love to hate the west. A part of me, very well might. But I’m a Canadian, torn between two worlds, it seems. I hate the uneducated westerners who refuse to learn, and I hate the simple-minded Arabs who refuse to see. There are faults in ever society. And the Faults themselves are not the problem. The problem is how we perceive them.

Women in the West are treated like they’re men.

Women in the East are treated like they’re objects.

Neither one is better than the other. It’s all about the angle you’re looking from.

4 Comments:

Blogger flamin said...

i agree with ur ending words. the angle differs all the time. i initially hated the blogging thing because of the rants and i was so sick and tired of them. but eventually, u learn to sieve. i had my share of arguments and fights but oh well. u reminded me of this 'blonde' woman i saw in chili's a few days back. she looked gorgeous in her abaya. i liked ur blog, it's quite interesting how u put ur thoughts across so clearly. all the societal crap is always an uphill fight and i hope u make it. im sure u will. u sound a lot older than just 25 - u saw too much too soon. not that im 45 myself :P

1:40 AM, March 20, 2006  
Blogger Farrukh Naeem said...

Yours is a unique voice - and may it make a difference, my friend. I have a feeling it will.

farrukh

12:37 PM, March 20, 2006  
Blogger Harsha said...

I just read your entire blog and what encouraged me to do so was the curiosity of Balushi's exit from the blogging scene.

Your blog really interests me, the way you put forward things just sits into my brain/heart in one instance and sits there. I guess a lot of ppl can learn alot from what you've been through and how your take on life is.

I started recently myself, I dont write much though. But the first thing I wanted to write about was 'Hate, hate, hate' among with blogs in Dubai/UAE , I had even collected aome stats on the no. of hate blogs in Dubai but decided against it, afterall most of it is true.

Do keep writing.

4:38 PM, March 20, 2006  
Blogger Shaykhspeara Sha'ira said...

Salam tainted!
A friend of mine sent a link to your blog, thankfully. Your honesty shines through your posts and there are no ceremonies or formalities to be maintained, just plain and simple "telling it like it is".

All the best to you.

1:08 AM, March 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home