Thursday, July 13, 2006

Decisions, Decisions…

Last week, one of my mom’s cats needed to go to the vet. My mother’s Sri Lankan housemaid (a woman I hate from the core of my being because of the shit she’s caused me and my son in the past, though am forcing myself to be kind to because we have to live in the same house – my mother thinks she’s her sister and not the maid), asked me if she could take my car because my mother’s car, that the maid drives as if it were her own while my mom’s on vacation, is having some sort of mechanical problems that cause it to stall.

I told her the keys were inside and let her go. I didn’t think much of it, despite my utter hate for the woman. I don’t really hold a grudge; even if she is the reason my mother kicked me & my son out last year just after I won the divorce; even if she does get paid to do nothing; even if my mother favors the woman more than her own damn family. (Notice the lies I tell myself, when I say I’m not holding a grudge?)

Anyway, she came back a short while later with the cat and all was normal. Now, I didn’t attempt to leave my house until last night, when I went to get them journal entries bound. The first thing I noticed was the dashboard on my car was cracked and the cabinet thingy wasn’t sitting properly in it. It’s not too obvious so I assumed maybe the sun had caused it to crack or something; until I tried to reverse the car.

I didn’t want to move initially and only jerked into movement when I pressed my foot pretty hard on the gas. I kept driving out of the yard anyway, thinking maybe it was just the wet sand under the tires (as my car had recently been washed and there isn’t a driveway here). I drove for about 30 seconds before realizing something was seriously wrong with the damn car. Whenever I braked, it would shutter and I could feel something banging against the tire. I came back to the house and asked one of the workers who lives here to contact the government garage (as my car is registered by the Sheikh), to see if they can’t take it and repair whatever the problem is quickly, without renewing the expired registration. To renew it means I have to pay speeding fines that I can’t afford right now.

I came into the house and asked the bitch if she’d hit something and failed to tell me about it. Naturally, she denied it. I’m sure the woman is now scared shitless of pissing me off after the last scene, but little does she know I wouldn’t have cared in the least if she’d banged up the car. Anyway, I kept quiet, even though I was sure then that she had hit or run over something; I had no proof.

Today, I had a friend of mine take it to another garage. There is no way the government workshop will return it in a day’s time and I miss my son so it’s worth whatever it’ll cost. He called me to ask me what I hit, saying that something was banged into the left side. The bitch ran something over. She then thought I wouldn’t notice. And on top of all that, she lied when I asked her.

Now, I care because she fucking lied about it and I was supposed to pick up my son today and it’s too late now. Had I known before (when she actually banged it up), I’d have had it fixed in time to get him. It’s scary enough for me to have my son in the car on these roads, let alone in a car that’s fucked. There’s no way I’m driving him all the way along Emirates road in a car that almost feels as though the tire is going to fall off at any given moment.

The only thing that’s left for me to consider, is whether or not I freak out on the bitch. She’ll deny it. My mother will believe her. And I’ll end up out on the streets again, I’m sure. But I’m pissed right the fuck off and almost feel like waking her up at this moment and slapping the shit out of her. If there’s one thing I can’t stand it’s a fucking liar. And there’s NO way my car managed to run itself over something between her taking it and last night, all by itself; unless I’m truly insane and sometimes do I wonder.

But no. I won’t do it. I want to. But I won’t. Either way, I’ll get nothing out of it. And I won’t have my baby with me anytime sooner, will I? Bitch.

12 Comments:

Blogger Parv said...

It's hard to find good help these days. :)

11:36 PM, July 13, 2006  
Blogger Extinct Dodo said...

chalba :|

i always take the liberty of whacking our maids round the head, at will, whenever they piss me off :| and no one can say squat about it to my mother, or else they know they'll die :| muahahahhhahha

they're constantly "tripping and banging their heads against the banister by accident", the poor bitches :))

1:56 AM, July 14, 2006  
Blogger Lizza said...

What a shitty thing to happen. I don't blame you one bit for feeling that way. If I had to live with a person who thinks she can get away with being dishonest because she knows she's the one the head honcho will believe, I'd want to beat her senseless too.

Sounds like you really need to take a break, girl, and forget about what a jackhole week it's been. Good thing your pals are there to take care of you.

I will raise my beer in a toast to you. Cheers!

2:13 AM, July 14, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tainted, i left an apology for you on the Glengarry Leads site.

good day to you maam.

8:46 AM, July 14, 2006  
Blogger Taunted said...

Can you kill her - it may be worth your while....

11:17 AM, July 14, 2006  
Blogger Tainted Female said...

Lady, isn’t it though? LOL! It’s not fair, the maid or child-caretaker for my son is wonderful.

ED… I really hope you’re joking hun. It’s not cool to beat the shit out of these people. It’s just this dumb bitch deserves it. She’s really caused me more fucking problems than I can count.

Lizza… You hung over this morning? Cheers!

Taunted… She’s dying anyway. She’s got some sort of serious disease with her damn prostate, Coituses, or something like that. (The medical bills, of course are always taken care of by my parents – thus she doesn’t go back to her country where she can spend the last of her life with her kid).

12:05 PM, July 14, 2006  
Blogger Herlock Sholmes said...

you really need a crash course in the useage of Barbecue Sticks

12:51 PM, July 14, 2006  
Blogger Tainted Female said...

LOL! Herlock! I almost begged you for lessons! You turned me down damn it!

It's all your fault!

1:40 PM, July 14, 2006  
Blogger Tainted Female said...

Bs how many of them do you have to LIVE with MD?

5:52 AM, July 15, 2006  
Blogger Jayne said...

Get a photo of her & start sticking pins in it. An all time African curse is putting dead ants in her shoes...........

9:53 AM, July 15, 2006  
Blogger adevents said...

But no. I won’t do it. I want to. But I won’t. Either way, I’ll get nothing out of it. And I won’t have my baby with me anytime sooner, will I? Bitch.

might be a different story but this is also what i was trying to say in the previous post, some time you know u will get nothing out of it and might make thing worse

9:37 AM, July 16, 2006  
Blogger Tainted Female said...

AD,

To start with, did you get my email?

Moving on, this is a far different situation. The damage has already been done in this case and nothing can change the past.

We CAN however alter the future. I won't let the woman drive my car again thus making it impossible for her to crash it. Also, this situation doesn't effect other people in any way; unless they're stupid enough to lend my maid their car.

10:15 AM, July 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home