Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Was it the Xanax? Or the Effexor? Or am I just old?

Happened again…

“You don’t remember me?” The waiter practically shouted at me, “I lived on your street, just a few doors away from you! The last time I saw you, you were in your house watching that movie where those guys were peeping through holes in the girls locker room?”

I didn’t have a clue who he was, or what he was talking about.

“It’s Sean,” my brother attempted to fill me in, “He used to play hockey with me all the time in front of the house!”

“Mom,” after he left I asked, “Is he the kid you paid to spy on me in class?” He wasn’t much of a spy really. I can’t remember his name but I do remember he had a huge crush on me, and told me every thing my mother attempted to out of him. He’d take her money and lie for me. He won it both ways and it worked just fine for me. If only I could remember his face…

We ate our dinner without mentioning it again. But as I walked out the door he caught me by the arm, “You used to yell at me all the time.” He had a bashful smile on his face, “I was just a bratty little kid then, you know?”

This happens every time I come home, and more than once too. I haven’t a fucking clue who these people are. Many of them, remember me like it was yesterday, or so it would seem. I’m really not joking when I say my memory is shot. What you should be asking yourself is, how long until I forget you too?

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

TF: Maybe you have a charm about you that makes people remember you from back when. As for your memory enhancement, take Nootropil twice a day, no prescription required for a refill. Did you switch to Beta?

11:53 AM, September 20, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a celebrity syndrom :D They know you but you don't know/don't remember them.
Used to happen to me, back in time, when I was young *dream*

1:44 PM, September 20, 2006  
Blogger Extinct Dodo said...

i know this is reaaally late and off-topic, bas alf alf alf 7imdillah 3ala salamtich 7oby :**

9:05 PM, September 20, 2006  
Blogger Shaykhspeara Sha'ira said...

Take care of yourself girl, may God keep you healthy and safe always inshallah.

You are in a country I should call home but never been to. Complicated huh?

10:16 PM, September 20, 2006  
Blogger Tainted Female said...

Symphony,

Nope. Didn't switch that I know of. What are you seeing? It all looks normal to me!

Samoum,

I think I’ve just seen so many different faces and been to so many different places since then, my mind just started dumping the old memories. It happens almost every time I go out here – especially if it’s some place I used to hang out at often.

Balushi,

But these people are trying to get me in bed! They just want me to remember.

ED,

Allah ya’salmench, habibi. I appreciate it much. And I am doing much, MUCH better. :) Just 2 and a half days worth of meds left too! (Yes, I’m counting because they’re that gross…) You finally home to stay?

SS,

You’re Canadian? Being here sure doesn’t feel like home to me anymore. But then, I’ve been relatively successful when it comes to isolating myself from family and old friends. Now, that I’m feeling better I’ll probably get out there and start doing more. I’m sure then more will rush back to me. All I know right now is it’s COLD!

11:00 PM, September 20, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

TF: previously I had to post as 'Other' based on your tip, now I can with my blogger display. Looks like Beta fixed this problem.

8:30 AM, September 21, 2006  
Blogger Shaykhspeara Sha'ira said...

I sure am! :)

9:55 PM, September 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home