Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Why Dubai… ?

I’ve been busy. But while out and about today I found myself pondering a few things:

Why doesn’t KFC serve gravy in any of its Dubai outlet’s as it does in Canada?

Why does the majority of the driving population here drive 20km/s below the posted speed limit on the *new* beach road, where anywhere else in the city you’ll find most drivers going 20km/s over the posted speed limits?

Why doesn’t New York Fries have gravy here, either?

Why is it, that even as the population grows extensively here and demand is rising among that population, you still can not find a proper arts & craft store that’s got all the resources of one that could actually be considered ‘good’.

Why is Dubai’s KFC so oily compared to the YUMMY KFC back home?

Why aren’t more people playing on souq.com? I recently discovered it and think it’s rather interesting. I can see myself getting addicted to buying and selling junk online.

Why do most Chinese Restaurants here neglect to put Water Chestnuts in their stir-fry when you can purchase the same at most supermarkets?

Why can’t you find organic vegetables in most supermarkets here, and if you can, why are they SO expensive?

A lot of my thoughts are centering food it seems. I’m not hungry. Maybe I’m craving something and just don’t know what it is?

9 Comments:

Blogger adevents said...

LOL u r hunrry go and eat
and why u still here in dubai i thought u left to visit your friend and do the medical treatment you need?

9:19 AM, September 06, 2006  
Blogger Tainted Female said...

ad honey... I'm leaving on the 8th inshallah. :)

10:42 AM, September 06, 2006  
Blogger Destitute Rebel said...

Come to think of it some of these thing one misses a lot. Food especially.

I crave country gravy with busicuits.

Souq.com is slowly becomming popular, they just started marketing.

And the chinese restaurants dont have sesame chicken here, I want sesame chicken.

Garlic sauce with Pizza please.

Good buffalo wings.

Why doesnt Outback steak house have a franchise here.

Evil tainted, youv made me think of food.

1:00 PM, September 06, 2006  
Blogger Destitute Rebel said...

and on top of that no all night dinners that serve breakfast all day.

1:01 PM, September 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not surprised people still eat this KFC stuff.

1. It's not healthy.

2. No wonder we have good business for our medical products - LOL.

Stay healthy :-)

1:34 PM, September 06, 2006  
Blogger psamtani said...

What the HELL are you saying?! Dubai has the best KFC in the world!!!!

Out here the KFC is disgusting, as I'm sure it is in Canada.

8:02 PM, September 06, 2006  
Blogger Tainted Female said...

Psamtani, NO! In Dubai, eating the fries are like eating sticks of saturated oil! It’s NOT like that in Canada at all! In Canada, even our popcorn chicken is crispy and not mushy oil bites. Lol. Food is what it takes to get you out of the bushes?! How have you been?

Symphony, I rarely eat it. Actually, I despise it. But when I was in Ajman, it was the only place that could deliver because they were close enough to figure out the address with my shitty directions. Most of the time (I was working in Abu Dhabi, in case you or anyone else doesn’t remember that), I was way too exhausted to actually cook. Take out on the way home, or home delivery was the only way I’d survive.

DR… You can hardly find gravy anywhere here! I’ve always wondered about that. Chinese also lacks really yummy fried shrimp. They used to serve something close at the little hut place in Lamcy, but they changed managers and now the food is a mix of Indian & Chinese (something that happens often in Dubai, I find). Try any of the bigger Chinese restaurants and no way you’ll find them shrimp either! And I want my Chinese served in those little take-out boxes, too please!

I want Spinach Pizza. Back home at Romeo’s they’ve got this one that’s got NO red sauce on it all; spinach and a bunch of yummy white cheeses and stuff. I don’t normally eat pizza either, unless I make it myself, but this white one, I could eat any time!

And I got you thinking about food. Roar. It’s almost ten pm and I’m considering what to eat now.

9:51 PM, September 06, 2006  
Blogger psamtani said...

Food is what it takes to get you out of the bushes?! How have you been?

Yes, because I really miss Dubai food. Even tho Im not a big KFC fan, I still think the best KFCs are in Dubai. IMHO the food is much oilier here.

Talking about Chinese, I really miss that too - the authentic Chinese pales in comparison to the Indo-Chinese food in Dubai. Go eat at Chinaman restaraunt in Karama, Ill be jealous.

Luckily I'm saved from vile North American food by virtue of being a gourmet chef.

11:30 PM, September 06, 2006  
Blogger BuJ said...

egyptian mafiosos have taken over all UAE KFC.. that's why it's oily..

other than that i cannot answer any of your other food-questions :)

6:13 PM, September 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home