Saturday, October 21, 2006

Green so Serene!

I’m feeling a bit better today… So I finally got off my ass and downloaded a few more of those Canada photos.

This boys & girls, is where my parents house is going to be built:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


(Nice back yard, you think? Wait till you see my grandparents!!!) Anyway, you can see the start of the massive hole that’s been dug on their land – what you can’t see is it’s about 20 feet deep and a real scary looking fall.. It’s been like that for months. The building industry in Canada is booming and no one shows up to complete the jobs they start even after you’ve paid them hundreds of thousands of dollars. They were quick to tear down my parent’s old house, but taking their sweet assed time with building the new one. In the meantime, my parents live in a trailer. (It’s not fun to shower in less than 20 minutes – especially with hair as long as mine.)

One of the first things I did when I got there was go for a walk though town and to the sea. I’ve got to say, it was great to be greeted by complete strangers asking me how I was and wishing me a good day – something that never happens here in Dubai.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

While walking I made a couple of friends. The Frenchie (from Quebec) who was crab fishing:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The Seagull, sunbathing:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

And the Blue Herring that flew away before I could get a close up shot of him:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Come to think of it… I made some animal friends back at home too. There’s the multiple birds that come to eat off my mother’s feeder every morning:
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

There’s Sparrow’s and Robins & Blue Jays, and even Peacocks that make their way into the yard occasionally, but I couldn’t get a photo of them as they’re skittish. And of course, there’s Diablo, my mother’s female cat who was thought to be male when little, who likes to hunt all the birdies:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I’m almost done with the photos now. But I promised at the top some photos of my grandparents back yard. Here they are (I was standing on the Sundeck when I took these):

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Now, you see the patch of land across the water? That also belongs to my grandparents, but Canadian laws say they can’t section it off and build another house there – perhaps to rent out or whatever. Ridiculous isn’t it? Here’s a second look:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Yeah, you can put money on the fact that the nature is the one thing I miss most about back home. Hell, if you were from there, you would say the same.

4 Comments:

Blogger nzm said...

Gorgeous!

BTW - that's a blue heron! :-)

We also have robins and bluejays here in the garden in Berlin, as well as woodpeckers, thrushes, sparrows and longtailed-magpies. There is also a squirrel called Ginger who now takes walnuts out of my hands and buries them all over the garden!

It's fun being back in a naturally green and watered landscape for a while.

4:29 PM, October 21, 2006  
Blogger nzm said...

Oops - forgot to write - glad that you're feeling better.

4:30 PM, October 21, 2006  
Blogger Lizza said...

Now that is one hell of a great back yard! Those pictures are beautiful, Tainted.

1:10 AM, October 22, 2006  
Blogger purchasewoods said...

Just wonderful! Good photos and I can certainly see why you would miss this. You made me homesick again even though I am from a bit further south! lol!

Glad to see you are feeling better. Hang in there, okay?

xxxxx

7:29 AM, October 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home