Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Typically Expected in My Life…

So just now; when I’m pretty much minutes from walking out the door to this office, closing the doors behind me, knowing there’s no one here to run it if I do; and not giving a damn because I’m sure the company will collapse eventually, I get the call.

A Quotation request from the Royal Offices in Abu Dhabi. That means big sales are about to take off for this little Abu Dhabi company; just like they did from the first royal inquiry in Dubai, Sharjah & Ajman.

Makes walking out of here a little harder than I thought it’d be.

6 Comments:

Blogger black feline said...

there's hope...your highness..hang on there....play your game...and one day...soon...hit them with a sledgehammer...take over the company!

6:49 AM, May 10, 2006  
Blogger BuJ said...

i hate calls like that.. well usually it's just one call.. i got one similar to that yesterday.. actually my boss got the call but it meant work for me!

they want this meeting arranged short notice and suddenly they remember they want buj to attend.. yeah yeah.. it's ok but it's just a pain to get there from where i live, and i'd rather have more than just 12 hrs notice.

10:22 AM, May 10, 2006  
Blogger Anon said...

Companies here do take the piss.

I trust you still left though?

10:33 AM, May 10, 2006  
Blogger flamin said...

it's ur boss' call honestly. if he doesn't want the 'important' order, it means he genuinely isnt interested in the company. but i'm guessing he won't let the oppportunity go...and hopefully his ass will do something about it.

11:23 AM, May 10, 2006  
Blogger Shaykhspeara Sha'ira said...

soooo annoying!

Just do what you can live with at the end of the day hun...

12:42 PM, May 10, 2006  
Blogger Tainted Female said...

Wanna hear something funny? When my sales girl got a better job offer, I convinced her to take it, knowing I was quitting myself. Thus, I’m now alone in this office; with the office boy.

This morning, the royal rep came by to pick up his order, and well… no one was here to sell it to him. I was late.

Maybe I fucked it all up so there’s no need to worry about it at all; though I did call the guy and he said he’d be coming back sometime today…

1:33 PM, May 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home