Monday, July 17, 2006

Good, Sad & Simply Sh-itty News.

The good news is, that Lebanese friend I mentioned being ’lost’ to me, somewhere in South Lebanon is safely in the UAE now.

The sad news is, she’s tired and won’t be getting any rest anytime soon. Some of her family members have expired passports and aren’t able to leave until/unless they’re renewed, despite efforts to make them a visit-visa here. They’re living in the same area the majority of Hezbolla is currently at (forgive me, I’ve forgotten the city name), and she tells me as of today, the latest explosions were less than a street away from her family’s house.

May God everyone who is currently being terrorized, worldwide.

The shitty news is that friend of mine that I had helping me with those real-estate issues, who was supposed to accompany me to the police station today to file the complaint, decided to be the better man and let God deal with thieves rather than allow me to go through the process of fighting them.

He went to the real estate office, took the check for 1300Dhs, gave them my receipts and only told me about it when it was too late for me to object. Now, I have no basis to complain. On paper, I’ve accepted.

I want to be pissed off at him, and I’m sure he’d argue that I am pissed off at him thanks to the phone conversation we shared about this. But the truth is he’s done so much for me lately I can see him not wanting to bother with something like this and can understand where he’s coming from.


So that's it. That's my news for the moment.

6 Comments:

Blogger Taunted said...

Knew you'd not get the 200 back.

Ho hum hon!

7:52 AM, July 17, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's hoping, all our friends where ever they may be in Lebanon, that they be safe and out of harm's way. For me, I have a dear friend in Achrafieh from whom I've not heard in a while. I'm hoping, praying, wishing and just anticipating.......for some good news.

8:52 AM, July 17, 2006  
Blogger misneach said...

In fairness, your real estate story sounds just like 90% of the experiences I've had with flats, or dealing with businesses for that matter...

The situation in Lebanon and Palestine is heartbreaking, I don't even want to look at the news anymore. :-( How many people have to die before Israel is stopped?

9:57 AM, July 17, 2006  
Blogger Tainted Female said...

Taunted,

If it were about the 200Dhs, I’d make the friend pay it.

Louis,

In some ways I know he’s looking out for me because I do tend to stress myself out way too much and as he said on the phone, “You can’t save the world! Stop trying!” In other ways, I’m sure he’s just really tired; he stays in Sharjah (where the company is) I’m right next to Internet City. He’d have to come all the way in and get me, then take me all the way back to the police (I hate driving or looking for anything in Sharjah), then bring me all the way back home after whatever would have happened, happened.

And I’ll keep my fingers crossed that you hear from your friend soon too. It’s just getting so ugly.

Misneach, I know this is pretty much the norm here. But when the rich are getting away with stealing from the poor (who are most certainly scared to stand up to them), someone’s got to do it. Because I’m fed up with people scamming me in these ways I was ready to. But now, we’ll have to wait until the next time I’m fucked over, huh?

And I hear ya about staying away from the papers. I was there the last time violence was on the rise thanks the Israel; as I mentioned in an earlier post. I only started paying attention this time, because I knew that friend was stuck there. It literally makes me physically sick to my stomach.

10:37 AM, July 17, 2006  
Blogger adevents said...

aha tainted, another one saying you cant save the world
if we can we should be in lebanon right now

11:17 AM, July 17, 2006  
Blogger Tainted Female said...

AD... I never, ever claimed I wasn't stubborn. ;)

I try to do what I can do. That's all. And I'll agree, I sometimes take it too far.

11:50 AM, July 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home