Saturday, July 07, 2007

A little Clarity

Waking up on another beautiful Canadian day I can’t help but feel a little more relieved than I felt yesterday. It’s as if slowly, the shackles of Dubai are being lifted.

This morning, I started contemplating the reality of my never returning to the UAE as a permanent resident. This morning, was the first morning with a sober head, I considered the possibility of actually leaving the last 12 years of my life behind, for good.

Selfish as I may be for considering my son’s life without his mother – and I without him, I can’t help but feel this is something I just might have to do now. It’s too soon to tell yet, but the possibility is growing and clarifying itself daily. I can live here. I really can. But can I manage without my baby? Can he manage without me? Those are about the only questions left to be answered, I guess. And I doubt I’ll reach the conclusion any time soon.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger i*maginate said...

Ooooh...I wonder if it's a honeymoon period of being on a long holiday that may or may not become permanent?

Could this be the start of a new life, I wonder? Or will you come back...;)

4:08 AM, July 07, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're well. Just read the new posts - it is good to breathe, isn't it? Egoistically, I regret that you left before I had a chance to get to know you but this apart, I'm glad you escaped the unhappiness. I hope you'll figure out a way to see you son as often as possible. I sincerely wish you all the luck and happiness there is

10:14 AM, July 07, 2007  
Blogger Tainted Female said...

Thank you both much...

I haven't a clue what I'm doing yet, but I'm leaning towards staying here. I start my new job the day after tomorrow.

1:12 AM, July 08, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home