Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Shall we Clique; School Girl?

I’d been stereotyped. I was the popular girl; the blonde bimbo; I was a princess and I’ve got the year books to prove it. I’m pretty sure, if our highschool here had a cheerleading squad, it’d be assumed that I’d be on it.

Fact: I wouldn’t have joined a cheerleading squad. I was too rebellious to entertain any optional, recreational school activities.

But that’s not the point of this entry, really. There’s something more I have to say. It has more to do with UAE society as a whole, than school. The only reason school came up was because I was happy to leave the cliques behind when I left; no doubt, I was a very bug part of them in my time. But they were tiring; and even-more, as I grew; I realized I was missing out on a lot in life because of them.

The only friends I still have today are the ones that weren’t really part of my clique. Those who cliqued, either slipped away silently, or have become no more than acquaintances. Life is funny that way. I guess it’s because those who weren’t in my clique had more real things in common with me than the ability to follow dress-sense of someone else, or duplicate opinions. We had deeper reasons to become friends in the first place.

In my honest opinion the UAE society cliques no matter where you are; or what stage of life you’re at. Those of us, who reject those cliques, find that just about everyone can find a reason to hate us; we disagreed with a ‘clique member;’ we don’t believe friendship should be restricted by age, or opinion, nationality, or financial status; we think for ourselves; we can’t be understood; or even harder to decipher, less obvious reasons.

If I’m part of a clique today, it’s an elusive and ever changing one. It’s a clique where members have bonded out of respect, understanding, and acceptance of one another’s differences as vast as they may be. All those who are a part of this know that I’ll never turn my back on you because you disagreed with someone I love, I’ll never judge you because you fucked up and only realized it later, I’ll never deny help because we’re fighting, and I’ll always welcome you’re call. And you know this is true; because the same is offered to me by you.

I’m out of here for the weekend now. Nothing too controversial for you all to attack me over while I’m gone; hope it’s not too much of a disappointment for you.

5 Comments:

Blogger black feline said...

wow..u are the original Paris Hilton...Im impressed. On a serious note..u remember the movie :Who Framed Roger Rabbit? the very sultry and sexy cartoon character...Jessica replied " I am not bad...Im just drawn like that!" I guess u are greatly misunderstood and highly under-rated.They are just jealous of u :)
OK...i have said as instructed..when are u goin to pay me? lol

6:34 AM, April 20, 2006  
Blogger Jayne said...

Have a lovely weekend hon :-)

10:15 AM, April 20, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please, after reading your entry, I would say: "Give a hand"
One of the global clique member (Bernard Henri Levy) need to be taited!
Have a nice wek end?

2:33 PM, April 21, 2006  
Blogger Shaykhspeara Sha'ira said...

Have a fab weekend and come back rested. I see a lot has been happening here while I was away...

2:38 PM, April 21, 2006  
Blogger Tainted Female said...

Feline, Check’s in the mail. If it bounces, call my boss… he STILL hasn’t transferred the rest of last months salary.

Jin, Thank you hun. I did. My son was the brightest part of it.

Balushi, there’s something wrong with that thought. If girls hate each other, and boys hate girls like you do… How the HELL do we make babies, enjoy family celebrations, or even ‘pretend’ to get along?

Thank you much h(and a bunch of numbers & letters that don’t make sense to me)!

Liew, I’m in UAE. The weekend is Thursday & Friday for us. I don’t have access to internet outside the office. So, I had a wonderful weekend. Thank you much. :)

Shaykhspeara, Welcome home! I’ll be in your blog in a bit to hear about Paris. I bet you had a blast.

6:36 AM, April 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home