Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Fifa: Kick-The-Ball: Men & Dogs Play Catch


So I walked out on my job without any intention of finding a new one.  My apartment contract expires in two weeks and I’ve not packed a single box or got anywhere to move too yet.

I thought I had it all figured out with the boy.

Then Fifa started.  

Fucking sports are a pain in the ass.  I wonder how many marriages split because of man’s obsession with watching other men run, and sweat, and chase a fucking ball (somewhat like a little doggie playing catch with his master, would).

Usually, I can be cool about these sorts of things.

But YaY! World Cup comes once every four years and becomes the only thing that matters in life.  Watch the damn thing here, and I’d be fine with it.  At least, during the commercial breaks, we might manage a conversation; we might get something sorted out about the future that’s tumbling down on me quicker than I can blink.  I might have the security of knowing that you’re still here; even when your mind is stuck on adult men playing kick the ball.

So it exploded into a brawl that’s yet to end anything except the notion of ‘us’, it seems.  It’s such a perpetual experience, I’m not complaining about losing the boy again, just worried about my future.

Way back before he came around again; I was almost set to leave the UAE.  I’d cushioned the idea of losing my son with the concept that it might be better for him anyway.  I’d mentally prepared myself to jump back into the West because I’m truly tired of my life here.

Then he talked it all away.  Then my son started missing me more than he had been; he’d started showing a clingy nature where he only wants his mama and he literally filled my heart.  Then the boy promised to be my night in shining armor and to take care of me, because he agreed I needed a damn break from it all.

Now, I’m all fucked up again. 2 weeks left and no idea where I’m going or what I’m doing.  I’m thinking I’ve got enough money for a ticket home and that’s about it.  I’ve too much furniture to store at my moms place; and moving back in with her isn’t really an option for me.  So either I sell everything, or give it all away.

No time to spend with my son.

If I’m really going for good, I should be with my son.  I should probably inform his father that I’m leaving, and I should spend every minute with him in the meantime.  But just the thought of looking at him, knowing I’m about to walk away indefinitely is killing me.  I can’t pick up the damn phone to do it.

No time to move.

If I’m going, I should be packing up what’s important to me and getting rid of what’s not, like now.  But I can’t seem to move there either.  My house is fully livable, not a box around, not a thing moved from where it’s been homed for the past year.  One of my truly beloved friends, who always end’s up saving me from situations like this, is calling out of the blue today, and I’m not answering.  This time, I don’t think I want that help or even want to let him know what’s going on.

Everything’s on Pause.

Everything just stopped.  Once again I’ve made one or two or more shitty decisions and ultimately thrown my life into a spiraling vortex; only this time either I don’t care enough o bother, or I’m testing fate for the sake of finding out just where it throws me without me bothering about a thing before the crash.

7 Comments:

Blogger Shaykhspeara Sha'ira said...

What can I say. Men and football, it's an unholy match. I was at the emergency room yesterday and it was jampacked with men, watching football. At a time like that...

I really hope you find a way out of this situation.

Take care girl.

12:28 PM, June 13, 2006  
Blogger Taunted said...

I'm sure you'll do what's right for you all.

I could never leave my son, but you know what's best.

2:20 PM, June 13, 2006  
Blogger BuJ said...

the only time i watch football is for the world cup.. it's something i really look forward to, being a man and all... :)

all the best tainted.

8:07 PM, June 13, 2006  
Blogger Hot Lemon& Honey said...

Oh Tainted I feel for you :(
Just figure one thing at a time...and don't make big decisions when you are under that kind of stress...
Hope it all works out of you...

5:35 AM, June 14, 2006  
Blogger inmotion said...

Babe ... you know you rock!

You've inspired me to crack open the walls on my own without any help ..

If anyone can get through this it is without a doubt you ..

I love you!

12:58 PM, June 14, 2006  
Blogger Tainted Female said...

Miss heaven…

My father left when I was younger than a year; threatening to kidnap my step sister (not by his blood) when he was gone. My step father then left when I was three, leaving a trail of alcoholism behind him. My second step father left when I was 7 or 8, and is now a full-time crack head. And the third step father is still around today; though he dislikes children.

My husband and I are divorced. My son spends 90% of his time with his father as it is, because though I have full custody, working conditions make it so. My son is now three years old. His father and I now, have a decent friendship.

I KNOW what loss of a parent and shitty home conditions are. I also know that it’s one of the hardest decisions I’ve ever had placed in front of me. You being harsh isn’t my worry. But please don’t think from one entry you know anything about what I’m thinking or where I’m going with my thoughts because of my situation. My situation isn’t yours and you can not relate.

Cheers.


And everyone else... I ALWAYS pull through... I'm tainted... you should know better by now.

3:47 PM, June 14, 2006  
Blogger Tainted Female said...

That I do...

...and I also allow myself the right to respond to those comments.

7:15 PM, June 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home