Monday, June 19, 2006

Taking My Break: Taking It Easy

The boy is still gone. I don’t give a shit now!

I was talking to CG the other day and she made me realize something I may not have seen if it weren’t for her; and it’s not that I should also have my own a damn cow.

She made me realize that should I go home to Canada in pursuit of my higher education, chances are I’d not last long anyway. Soon enough, motherhood would creep up behind me and make it unbearable to be that far away from my son. I quit sometime in the middle of the studies and end up back here, right where I started; only with a bunch more wasted time behind me.

No non-parent can understand the pull of those invisible strings each child has.

She’s right.

I need to find an answer here and now. I’ve succumbed to moving back in with my parents for the time being. They spend more than 6 months of ever year out of the country as it is, so I’ll manage. I’ll take my much needed break and not worry about anything for a while. Then I’ll start looking into planning my future.

I guess I just wanted to say thanks. Thank you CG.

Now, SS has gone and tagged me again. So much love I’m a feeling these days.

Here are the six weirdest things about me:

  1. I tie my hair in a big knot when I can’t find the stick I usually use to keep it up.
  2. I can NOT find a bra that actually fits properly; no matter what shape or size I try.
  3. I will sit in the lounge of 5 star hotel or restaurant, take off my shoes and fold my feet on the sofa as if I were at home watching television.
  4. I enjoy watching cartoons and often dissect the twisted minds the makers must have.
  5. I will NOT order a frozen coffee or cold latte, but prefer to drink my coffee or latte’s cold.
  6. I don’t eat pizza.

I’m willing to bet that the people who know me personally could come up with a far more entertaining list; how the hell, am I supposed to know what’s weird about me and what’s not?

Anyway, I’m going to tag the one-and-only Balushi and him alone, because God knows with the stories he tells as normal his strange should be worth a read.

9 Comments:

Blogger Jayne said...

I've also been think alot about your current situation & all the time, at the back of my mind, was the doubt that you would ever be able to leave your son. The ex won't let you take him out of the Emirates & you're stuck between rock & a hard place. After all is said & done, don't doubt yourself in thinking you 'may not' or 'don't' deserve a future. Your little boy is the future & he needs his mom to be around. Have faith hon - you're a damn sight stronger than you realise!

3:17 PM, June 19, 2006  
Blogger inmotion said...

mmhmmm

3:52 PM, June 19, 2006  
Blogger Tainted Female said...

Jin...

It's people like you that make this world such a pretty place sometimes..

a BK... it's mmmmkay.... alright?

4:01 PM, June 19, 2006  
Blogger Tainted Female said...

Balushi...

You're it. Now go and write your damn entry.

5:59 PM, June 19, 2006  
Blogger Tainted Female said...

Balushi...

You're it. Now go and write your damn entry.

6:01 PM, June 19, 2006  
Blogger Hot Lemon& Honey said...

Tainted, I like cg's thoughts!
I emailed you...have one question to ask..if you choose to finish of your studies..how many years would that take?
Toronto is waiting :)

6:15 PM, June 19, 2006  
Blogger Tainted Female said...

Well HL… Since I only completed a couple of semesters here, it’d take a long while depending on the degree I choose.

6:38 PM, June 19, 2006  
Blogger Hot Lemon& Honey said...

It would be great if you can finish of your studies, then return to the UAE...
We can work together ;)

9:06 PM, June 19, 2006  
Blogger inmotion said...

woman you can get an associate degree online .. from devry in the states or some other university..

they're just as good .. my friend did one in psychology i ended up writing half her papers for her but that's not the point .. the point is she's a rocking HR Manager at Quaker Oats in Chicago

Do it online darling .. you'll be done in two years and its the same thing..

12:32 PM, June 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home