Wednesday, July 05, 2006

If you can’t find anything nice to say…

…don’t say anything at all.

My mama used to tell us that. I’m sure your mama told you something similar or the same thing as well. Most of the time, I ignore her advice.

Today is one of those days where I’m really left speechless. The local section in Gulf News was depressing; articles on Dallas Austin’s guilty judgment and then getting pardoned, an adulteress murdering her bastard newborn getting just 2 years in prison, a gambling murderer getting 25 for beating a companion to death. There was an article on how immigrants come here for temporary purposes only as clarified by the officials to the UN, and a reminder about Dubai’s depleting water resources that has been repeated so many times over the years only to fall on the same deaf ears and have nothing done about it.

Finally, getting the chance to take a deeper look into some of my favorite blogs today (and even some of my not-so-favorite), I find that Desert Idleness is calling in quits, to both the UAE and blogging (so it seems) and with reasons and logic not a soul could debate or argue, and Dani’s, pointed out a dark reality on the growing rates of the suicidal nature of youth in the Emirates. And nothing at all has changed in those not-so-favorite ones.

I’m sure half my readers believe that I’m completely blinded to some of the atrocities that take place here, but that’s not the case at all. I see them, I hear them, I feel them and I’m damn well torn by them just like the rest of you. I defend the UAE when and where I can because I truly believe it’s a brilliant country and too many people ravish it without second thought or consideration for all its positive aspects. But today, I’m left almost speechless due to my severe disappointment in just about everything here.

An argument I had on an earlier post made me realize once again, my personal place in the society of the UAE and how small and virtually stuck here (I am not here for temporary residence) I really am in retrospect. I’m not going to bother commenting on any of the things I’ve come across today or mentioned. I’m sure my opinions on some of them differ greatly than the majority of my readers, but I just don’t have it in me right now.

Today, is an ugly day.

16 Comments:

Blogger Parv said...

Doesn't help that it feels like its 55C degrees outside. That always puts me in a foul mood.

That, and f*kwits who make anonymous comments.

:)

Hope your weekend looks up.

5:47 PM, July 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Huh . . another anonymous hater. Tainted hates, I understand. But Dubtown lady, why you hate anonymous? You just have one or two comments here and there on your blog. I don't think you have written anything worthwile so far to attact Anons.

Dobtown lady do reply to this, so to get few clicks on your blog and I like that each new windows open while clicking on the links on your blog. Keep it up, its an innovative way to irritate.

6:10 PM, July 05, 2006  
Blogger Tainted Female said...

Anon,

Despite recent accusations that I’m much like SD, I would prefer it much if my blog didn’t turn into a forum full of patronizing, below-the-belt attacks on other people who make comments.

Debate an issue, FINE (even if you must do it anonymously); attack me or my opinion, FINE (even if you must do it anonymously); share your recent findings & facts confirming the evolution theory, FINE (even if you must do it anonymously); but attack another person making comments here, not FINE by me.

Kindly refrain from this behavior in my blog the future; even better, move it on over the SD’s blog where these sorts of things are appreciated and even encouraged! That is of course,
if I could make such a request without being labeled a tyrant causing severe emotional harm to you .

6:33 PM, July 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry. I will heed to your warning.

6:49 PM, July 05, 2006  
Blogger Tainted Female said...

Thank you.

Appreciate it much.

6:54 PM, July 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

T, why are you in a bad mood today? Try not to be. Hell, you kick ass, you make people stand up and listen and people listen to you. So, you try and be cheerful now, you hear? Atta Girl :-) Hey, did you know the full form of 'FINE'? Just in case you didn't, I shall report here after for only you to see. Did I hear a burst of laughter? LOL.

Here I go:

F = Freaked out
I = Insecure
N = Neurotic
E = Emotional

Be cool :-)

7:17 PM, July 05, 2006  
Blogger Tainted Female said...

lol louis...

I'm just fine, thanks hun.

8:15 PM, July 05, 2006  
Blogger psamtani said...

Despite recent accusations that I’m much like SD

Awww, you're taking it personal, thats sweet...

9:37 PM, July 05, 2006  
Blogger Tainted Female said...

Awww, you're taking it personal, thats sweet...

Awww, you've got me all figured out, that's cuuuute...

10:29 PM, July 05, 2006  
Blogger psamtani said...

Actually, if I had you figured out already, I wouldn't be posting at all.

10:29 PM, July 05, 2006  
Blogger Harsha said...

Today was a beautiful day.

The evening had a wonderful red sky. I was caught in a moment while getting out of my building..wanted to take a picture..but no camera :o(

(and I got new shoes)

11:33 PM, July 05, 2006  
Blogger Tainted Female said...

I'd agree with you Harsha about the sky... but I went out side and saw it exactly two minutes after finding one of my mother's 7 sick cats (that I'm medicating for her while she's away) dead in the front room.

Today was a shitty day and I'm glad it'll be over in 5 minutes.

12:00 AM, July 06, 2006  
Blogger Tainted Female said...

I shall only be your woman of mystery for as long as you wish that so psamtani....

12:01 AM, July 06, 2006  
Blogger Parv said...

To anonymous @ 6:10pm:

Although a part of me feels that your diatribe does not warrant a response, you did ask...and so I shall deliver. Therefore, please note the following:

1. I hate "anonymous" comments. If you must put in your two cents, at least give yourself a fake name. Please see Tainted's instructions here if you haven't got a clue how to. In addition, if you read more popular blogs such as the likes of the Secret Diary, then you will notice that responding to anonymous comments becomes bloody annoying when 15 out of 47 people have the same f*king nickname.

2. The content of MY blog are MY personal rants. I reserve the right to talk about whatever the f*k I want to talk about. I'm not here to discuss things that interest you, stir up controversy, or get a special mention in the paper. If you feel the content is not worthwhile, then please close the window. Simple, yes?

3. Unlike other bloggers, I have no interest in getting a "few clicks". I link to blogging portals in order to promote the blog concept. People who do read my posts do so out of their own volition.

4. You also failed to notice a slight hint of empathy in my comments. Tainted was having a bad day, and as we all know she despises anonymous comments, I was attempting to bring out a smile. doh.

5. As for the links opening in a new window, that is a personal choice. It's not everyone's preference, but really, ask me if I care.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go check how many "clicks" I've scored today. Oh yippity-f*king-do.

p.s. Tainted - cheers, girl.

1:55 AM, July 06, 2006  
Blogger black feline said...

Your highness...we have a wise saying: " A big tree attracts the wind"...when u are a star...a diva...a queen....a controversial one :) ..just ignore them!

6:20 AM, July 06, 2006  
Blogger flamin said...

i hear ya. disappointment. exactly what i feel.

11:21 AM, July 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home