Friday, June 30, 2006

Reverse Racism

A while back, I remember coming across a letter to the editors in 7Days, where a woman was calling it racism because an article they published on bald people, didn’t have a single black person as an example in it. Give me a fucking break. The author wasn’t thinking about race or skin color and you want to be treated equal, so STOP brining up the damn skin color differences. Right here in blogsphere of the UAE you can find all sorts of the same psychotic ramblings from simple minded folk.

I am white. That doesn’t make me a racist. And I’m getting pretty fucking tired of the label, or of the implication that I should feel guilty because of it. I’m also sick of the idea that I have never encountered racism because of my skin color.

Racism:

When some dumb bitch knocks on my door every night for a fucking week after midnight, because I’m Canadian and she thinks I should help her son get into my country. Had I been any other fucking nationality, I wouldn’t have been woken from my damn sleep each night while seven months pregnant and suffering something SICK already. That is racism.

When you assume I’ve not suffered or gone through strife because I’m white. That is racism.

When you call me a racist without even knowing me, because I’m white and won’t feel guilty for it. That is racism.

When men (of ALL nationalities, even the fucking minorities here) ask, “How Much?” as I walk by, because my skin is white, my eyes are green and well, despite the fact that I’m wearing an abaya I must be a prostitute. That is racism.

When a shop owner charges me double the asking price because I’m white and he thinks all white people are rich. That is racism.

Quite contrary to all you whining bitches belief, the minute you label me a racist or privileged because you know I’m from the west, is RACISM. And it’s just as nasty as whatever you think you’ve felt.

The UAE is a multicultural, multiethnic, multinational country. Local’s take up the smallest percentage of the population here, my guess would be that Asians take up the largest, and then expatriate Arabs and Westerners are about even these days somewhere in the middle. Yeah, racism plays a huge role in the way society works. But why not stop yourself and ask how you’re being racist yourself before pointing the finger at everyone else?

When was the last time you went to a coffee shop with a table full of multinational friends? Do you even have friends that aren’t the same nationality, same color as you; and if so, at what percentage in comparison to friends (you actually socialize with) of your own nationality? What do you know about the other cultures here; aside from what you think you’ve seen on TV, or a few shitty examples you’ve been given? When was the last time you asked a culturally-based question, “Why do Hindu’s put a red dot on their head?” instead of just making jokes about it? And for those of you who don’t know the answer to that, from what I’ve learned it’s a sign of marriage, sort of like a wedding ring to us in the west.

Arrogance and ignorance causes racism and Reverse Racism. If you can’t point the finger at yourself first, no matter what nationality you are, stop pointing it at others.

Reverse Racism, is just another form of discrimination and to be honest, I’m sick of it all.

~*~

Today is moving day. I’ve finished packing the majority of my house. I’ll be shifting this evening. You all have a brilliant day. I’ll see ya when I see ya.

10 Comments:

Blogger Herlock Sholmes said...

You are a angry woman... Tainted.

You need to find some happy thoughts.

1:38 PM, June 30, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

greAt post..

I like the.. multi-multi-multi country part..haha ;D

2:15 PM, June 30, 2006  
Blogger Tainted Female said...

I am not herlock. You just like to think I am...

And thank you Dani.

3:34 PM, June 30, 2006  
Blogger Herlock Sholmes said...

Tainted, Taited....Happy thoughts :)

3:49 PM, June 30, 2006  
Blogger Carmen said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:11 PM, June 30, 2006  
Blogger Harsha said...

When was the last time you went to a coffee shop with a table full of multinational friends?

26th August 2005

10:41 AM, July 01, 2006  
Blogger Tainted Female said...

hp, clearly you missed my mention on anonymous people speaking outta their asses.

10:46 AM, July 02, 2006  
Blogger Tainted Female said...

I think it’s a mixture of both.

11:02 AM, July 03, 2006  
Blogger Taunted said...

Well I can catagorically state that I am not a racist.




I hate absolutely everybody.

11:26 PM, July 03, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work
stop taking effexor nextel phones Effexor xr risks pregnancy effexor snorting zoloft Edition evolution mitsubishi mr K and n air filters ferrari 360 effexor withdrawal Effexor+and+alcohol+usage 2004 solara convertible play blackjack Coming off of effexor xr alopecia and effexor hiking effexor xr stopping effexor cold turkey An herbal alternative versus effexor xr

11:57 AM, October 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home