Thursday, August 17, 2006

Just a wee little, tiny problem…

Don’t be too surprised, I've got another one!

This one is funny, actually.

Last night a friend of mine calls me up to ask about certain medicine the doctor had given him. Since the doctor didn’t explain really what his problem was, he figured he’d ask me to look it up on the net and maybe we’d find out what was wrong.


The medicine was called ‘Inverma Largo’.

The first thing I did was Google it.

Imagine my surprise when my search turns up pages & pages of this:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I check and recheck the spelling. I try just the word ‘Inverma’ and then just ‘Largo’. I try adding ‘medicine’ or ‘prescription’ or numerous other words before I decided I’d had enough; I’d check the images and see if I couldn’t get a description of the ‘cure’ the doctor offered and friend what I was looking for through there. Google Image search shows pages & pages of the same item photographed, so I describe it to him and ask if this was it:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

“Yes!” It’s got a pink sort of box around some of the words, and ‘Largo’ is written in Yellow”?”

I couldn’t stop laughing. And now, you’re smiling too. Only in UAE hospitals can you go in for a rash and come out with penis-enhancing, aphrodisiac cream! Today, he’s going to a private hospital.

11 Comments:

Blogger Seabee said...

A classic!

5:47 PM, August 17, 2006  
Blogger Lizza said...

LOL! What the...?!?

5:55 PM, August 17, 2006  
Blogger S said...

LOL! But wait! You know how, apparently, haemmoroids cream works wonders as eye-cream? Maybe it's like that, as well...

10:39 PM, August 17, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

This product was prescribed by a Dermatologist and dispensed by the Pharmacist on-call over the counter at a Government Hospital?

Technically, these products are considered illegal substance in the UAE and their import is not authorized by the UAE Ministry of Health, so how in heaven's name did they find their way at a Government Hospital Pharmacy?

It's very strange and kinky I'd say?

10:46 PM, August 17, 2006  
Blogger Amanda said...

the first thing I do when I want to know something is google it too, luckily(or not?) without such funny results.

11:26 PM, August 17, 2006  
Blogger psamtani said...

Ya habibti, you are becoming SD!!

11:38 PM, August 17, 2006  
Blogger Tainted Female said...

Seabee,

Typical UAE, isn’t it?

Lizza,

These sorts of things should be expected here. LOL. Even though, you’ll never get used to multiple ways you can be surprised!

Samoum,

I tried my hardest to even look up any medical uses for this one in addition, myself. But nope, not mentioned anywhere on the net. There's not a single reference to it in that sense that I could find.

Symphony,

I thought that as well. But apparently it's not so illegal. A while back, someone posted a photo of vagina tightening lotion they'd found for sale in a market here, in the UAE community blog. I believe you can still find the photo in the 'souq scan' blog or the UAE community archives.

I myself found, "Canadian" ginseng vaginal lubricant & ‘aphrodisiac’ for women, in a supermarket in Ajman. And any of us can buy ‘Trojan Play’ that heats for stimulation, in any supermarket too!

Yeah, you got it right, though… this was handed to him over the counter at a government hospital IN SHARJAH, exactly the way you’ve described.

Amanada,

I’m just the same. Sometimes it’s a blessing. And this is the first time I’ve got such a laugh out of it!

Psamtani,

No matter what I write, if you’re not able to debate it, and you can’t tell me you’re bored, then you MUST resort to the SD claim. Is there anything you and I agree on?

6:09 AM, August 18, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

TF: I'll take your word for it about that picture of the V tightening lotion in Souq Scan :-) LOL

What next? Lotion or Spray for Priaspism - keep on coming :-) LOL.

9:01 AM, August 18, 2006  
Blogger Tainted Female said...

Priaspism? I had to look that up! (and it asked me if I meant to type Priapism, which by looking at the definition you must have meant to type!) And LOL! That’s a medical issue though any creams would be a medicine! Not a sexual stimulant, in a country where sex is taboo!!

10:01 AM, August 18, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry, I typed in a jiffy. Yeah, I meant 'Priapism'.

10:08 AM, August 18, 2006  
Blogger Tainted Female said...

Now listen here you! I knew that!

In no way should you think the student in this relationship is now attempting to become the teacher!

No! My spelling is horrific, and I'm beyond learning as even reading as much as I do, I still can't get a handle on it. I blame it on the half American Half British education I got while growing! If it weren't for spell-checkers, and people like you who kindly point out my errors, I'd NEVER get it. Do not assume otherwise!

By the way... Stephen King couldn't spell worth shit either. It amazes me how many people think spelling is a HUGE part of writing or language competence!

~*Sorry! earlier, I typed and posted this response in another entry... LOL!

11:41 AM, August 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home