Sunday, March 19, 2006

Well would you look at that…

I haven’t been blogging here a week and I’m already the cause of some poor person’s misery.

I don’t know if I should laugh or cry… But the evil ME is more inclined to giggle at the sheer stupidity of some people, even through my own unconscious guilt.

I did nothing more than let the guy know how he was making himself look. I guess he saw himself through an onlooker’s eye or something, because he’s deleted every comment he made and even his entire blog. It’s probably for the better, anyhow. He was one of the most sexist, single-minded, inconceivably atrocious people I’ve ever come across. And even I found some of the things he had to say embarrassing and shameful.

But it’s funny, because there are a number of people who’ve made far worse comments and even directly insulted the guy in other blogs and yet they didn’t manage push him to the extent of taking such a dramatic step, nor did he show such anger. I suppose there are no stronger hurts, and thus no deeper rage, than that of seeing yourself as the world sees you, and realizing the image is just disgraceful.

6 Comments:

Blogger secretdubai said...

Well, you have the gratitude and congratulations of half the UAE blogosphere upon you.

Now try heading over here and working your magic on a certain Casanova... whom you may find rather familiar... ;)

9:04 PM, March 19, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

TF... give yourself a round of applause !

all together now, three cheers for TF
hip hip... HURRRRAAAAAYY !

9:22 AM, March 20, 2006  
Blogger Tainted Female said...

Secret,

I won't hunt the deviants down, they tend to find me on their own.

And thank you Anon…

12:19 PM, March 20, 2006  
Blogger Farrukh Naeem said...

Hi tainted,

You writing is very honest and straightforward.

And I respect the fact that you are not a part of the culture-bashing brigade.

More power to you.

I think Balushi understood what you were trying to say to him, meaning that his actions (which he might have thought were well-intentioned) are doing more harm than good.

Perhaps you were the first one to be patient enough to explain it in a way that got through.

It would be wonderful if he also had a change of heart regarding women.

I would be happy to tell you some HTML basics but can't post them in this window cos the code won't show.

Hope to be reading more from you.

farrukh - copywriter and journalist

12:31 PM, March 20, 2006  
Blogger Tainted Female said...

He's BAaaaaAaaacK!

(Check the comments on the last post)

You spoke too soon ya Hannibal!

2:11 PM, March 20, 2006  
Blogger Keef said...

I'd always assumed Balushi was some kind of a satirical spoof thang, but evidently he's for real. Sad, ain't it?

3:19 PM, March 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home