Saturday, July 22, 2006

I Know Better than You– UAE News Reporting

Before I start with this, please forgive the horrific grammar that’s bound to end up here today. I did not sleep well last night, as I was dealing with the boy’s messages and once again found myself fighting the incredible urge to let him back in.

A few times, I’ve mentioned in my blog and while commenting on other people’s blogs the criminal cases I faced in R.A.K. alongside my not-so-pretty-view of the UAE News Papers.

The other day, while going through some old files, I came across some very relevant things concerning both of these topics. I’d mentioned once before that I failed to locate both the Gulf News & Al Bayan reports online. Below, you’ll find very shitty photographs of the original papers. Luckily, my mother files everything.

Ladies & Gentlemen, I present to you Gulf News and their fictitious take on my story, dated April 25, 2001:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Since this is probably very hard to read due to photograph quality, here is what this article says:

~*~

Suit against saleswoman

By Nasouh Nazzal

Ras Al Khaimah

An advertising executive here has filed a case against a sales woman in his firm, charging her with taking contract forms worth Dh780, 000 to sell but not returning them after failing to do so.

The executive said his company had intended printing a tour guide and had drawn up hundreds of subscription/contract forms to send out to various companies.

The Canadian woman, known only as A.L., allegedly took 100 of these documents and offered to approach companies.

After some time the executive asked A.L. to return the forms but in turn she filed a case of sexual harassment against him at Dubai court, which ruled in his favor.

The Sharia Court here is expected to review the case against the saleswoman soon.

~*~

And the following, also fictitious take is from Al Bayan, a leading Arabic newspaper:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

And due to picture quality and language abilities, here’s a rough translation of the article in English:

~*~

A company has made a case against employees for not being loyal to their employer. The company name S.H. that deals with advertising and media had come up with a project to print a tourist guides and had appointed several representatives to promote the idea and sign contracts with interested people. There are three people, two females and one male who had received 100 contracts worth $7000 each, which were not returned to the company. Due to their misconduct the company had to go bankrupt. From their side, the representatives returned 42 contracts out of 100. If the rest of the contracts are returned the case will be dropped.

~*~

Since I’m A.L. as mentioned in Gulf News, I know the truth about this. I know how much of this information is based on reality and how much of it was made up by my accuser who contacted the papers and requested them to print these in the first place.

Before I tell the truth about these cases, how many of you think you can guess what the actual story was based on what’s told here, in these two stunning takes? Come on, have a go at tearing apart the accusations and statements in these and let me know what you’d believe and what you wouldn’t. And try not to take into consideration what I’ve said in the past. Lets see how gullible you all are.

**I’ll define the reality and show you just how fantastic the media here is (as if the two completely different versions told in two different papers on the same day wasn’t enough), through my next post.

After at least a few of you have had a go at this.

10 Comments:

Blogger purchasewoods said...

I don't believe a word of those papers. I will mull this over and get back to you on my sorting truth from fiction. I probably ought to tell you that I never believe anything I read int he papers anymore unless it has to do with adopting a dog. lol! Am I getting cynical? Yup.

xxxooo

2:23 PM, July 22, 2006  
Blogger Tainted Female said...

Actually hun...

You've got access to my other journals, which tells pretty-much the whole truth somewhere about all this... from the start. As I've had those journals since before this all happened.

But I don't think you were around for the first edition, were you?

2:26 PM, July 22, 2006  
Blogger Jayne said...

I tend to think along the same lines as Smokey - plus the fact you're not blogging from a jail cell.....
I just hate to think of how much time, effort & money on lawyers it must've cost you to prove your innocence, whereas the dipstick who dreamt up this scheme is probably still conning even more people into parting with their money.
p.s. staay strong kiddo & don't let the boy back in!

5:53 PM, July 22, 2006  
Blogger Tainted Female said...

You're both off.

Way off.

;) Tomorrow I will tell all. (If I have the energy to type... is it me, or is it the summer & humidity & being caged indoors making everyone very lazy, uncomfortable and irritable?) I with I could sleep to September.

8:35 PM, July 22, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder, what inspired you to post on this now? I reckon everybody knows about the kind of reporting that is evident in local newspapers. KT, GN, take your pick. I don't read Arabic newspapers but I'm told that what's reported in them don't get reported in their English version and if so, then the meaning is totally off-key, contrary and yeah incoherent. Nevertheless, I'm curious about your inspiration now and eagerly await your 'tell-all' tomorrow.

9:05 PM, July 22, 2006  
Blogger psamtani said...

And slowly but surely, she morphs into SD...

12:02 AM, July 23, 2006  
Blogger Tainted Female said...

Rofl @psamtani. How many of SD’s newspaper related blogs were about her? That’s the difference, really.

Louis, there are a number of reasons why I posted it now. The first and most relevant one being because I found them now – I was looking for the links forever (because I was once accused of talking shit by a certain someone here & well, this sort of muffles that accusation), and also because it’s my story, that I’ve been telling in bits and pieces around the blogs forever. Now’s as good a time as any, to tell a little more, no?

And good morning boys!

8:52 AM, July 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Top of the Morning :-) Gotta go to the bank for a while, be back soon to read your 'tell-all'. Cheers.

9:26 AM, July 23, 2006  
Blogger adevents said...

Yes smoky you r right come on tainted,
I believe the story of the sexual harassment, so when you did not like his harassment accused you as simple as this, this happens hundreds time around the world, lets see if your story is different

9:27 AM, July 23, 2006  
Blogger purchasewoods said...

No - I did read all the 2nd and all the 3rd. The first got started I think. It wouldn't matter hwo many times you read it though. It is still awful. Kiss

5:30 PM, July 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home