Monday, August 21, 2006

Just hormones?

Knowing my son will be in school within the next two weeks; trying to make him feed himself (because he’s too lazy to do it, not because he doesn’t know how he just prefers to be the ‘baby’ forever it seems); watching as he proudly puts his own underwear and pants on after going to the bathroom, I can’t help but think I want another one.

I don’t know that I ever really wanted to have more children. I hated being pregnant; I was always sick. I hated labor; it was induced and very painful. Just over a year after I delivered him, I divorced which resulted in me spending countless hours away from him because UAE law denied me the privilege of taking him out of that house. Ever since, I’ve felt I screwed my son’s life up at the very beginning simply through being absent for so long. I hate the guilt that comes along with those thoughts and feelings.

I’ve never said a bad word about his father to him or in front of him, and I trust that his father has done the same. I’ve never allowed him to dwell on some of the not-so-nice memories he retains of spousal abuse he witnessed prior to and during the divorce, and sometimes still brings up out of the blue. I fight constantly with the ‘life-lessons’ and the different ‘ways’ to raise a child between my in-laws and my own, and at times I feel those efforts are useless. But he’s well behaved, nonetheless.

I never thought I’d do it again. But all of the sudden I have this incredibly-strong maternal instinct that makes me want to drop whatever I was considering of my future before, run off and get married again, and have another baby.

Maybe, it’s hormones. Maybe I’m just trying to replace the baby I feel has all of the sudden grown into a little man and will soon refuse to take my hand or hug me in front of his friends. Today, was the first day I told him to come give me a hug and he said he was too busy with him video game, he didn’t want to come. Maybe, I’m just thinking too much?



12 Comments:

Blogger adevents said...

tainted bad idea dont do it, he still need too much attantion from you this is only the begining he will be a kid for another 10 years

10:08 PM, August 21, 2006  
Blogger adevents said...

tainted bad idea dont do it, he still need too much attantion from you this is only the begining he will be a kid for another 10 years

10:09 PM, August 21, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Maybe, I’m just thinking too much?

YES

10:09 PM, August 21, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

It seems like you and (us) are in the same boat but with us it's a no-go but believe you me unless you find someone really special, you spoil this kid every opportunity you get. That's about all I can tell or advise you.

10:26 PM, August 21, 2006  
Blogger black feline said...

yes your highness...u are thinking too much as for now...but one day soon enuff...he's all grown up..and dont be an italian mama..cut off the apron's string..let him go..he will loves u more!

5:10 AM, August 22, 2006  
Blogger Tainted Female said...

AD! Having another baby wouldn't mean I'd stop caring for or taking care of the one I already have!!! :)

Symphony,

You're probably right I probably am thinking too much. But remember, I do have that on/off fiance... And despite all our bickering he is really special and would make a really good dad...

BF... How many kids do you have? It's hard to cut those damn strings. Amazingly hard actually!

9:16 AM, August 22, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

TF: will keep our fingers crossed for you and hope your desire comes true, sooner the better. The love of our lives; in a way, aren't they that drive us to excel. Cheers :-)

10:23 AM, August 22, 2006  
Blogger Tainted Female said...

Thank you Symphony...

I'm not running out to have another baby though. I'm just amazed by how strong the urge is just now.

Women are weird that way I guess.

10:37 AM, August 22, 2006  
Blogger S said...

It's official - thinking is bad for you ;) But this kind of urge is normal, I guess most women go through it, hormonal, genetic, whatever. Remember, as someone said "The best thing a father can do for his child is to love their mother". And hey, you're so young, you have time to have not only one more child but 10!

2:36 PM, August 22, 2006  
Blogger black feline said...

Sorry your highness (very curtly)..we only have kittens...kids are a bother...with them around..it's a power struggle for attention from the owner...

6:36 PM, August 22, 2006  
Blogger babe_uae said...

WOW !!!! I have just had nother baby after the first one 12 years ago and boy is it hard work, I forgot how much I need my sleep and how much I enjoyed going to the mall without packing up half the house but............then I look into her eyes and I realise how lucky I am ..... another one well Allah Kareem .........

8:24 AM, August 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tainted,
you are now falling into the trap which I thought is not yours due to your intelligence. Mmmh, so much to say about, so much good/bad expierence to tell but deep in my heart I know that you will do your things, whatever we (your fellow bloggers) are telling you.
Didn´t put my blogsite/name on here as B left a "not so funny comment" on my site last time. Not commenting yours, though often forming comments in my mind, I am following your "thoughts". Come on, keep smiling. Greetings from good ól Germany. Have a nice trip and recover soon.

6:42 PM, August 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home