Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Nostalgia, Reality & Mr. F, I have ANOTHER Question for You!

My current state of mind has pushed me to look back into my past. I opened old year books and started reading through the comments. Before I continue with what this post is actually about… I’m perplexed by something and thought I’d share that here…


~*~
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


My Beloved Mr. F…

I told you I thought I remembered what you’d wrote as, “You are coming back next year, right?” Seems my memory isn’t as bad as I tend to think, doesn’t it? What I failed to realize is that this comment was made in the year book of 1997, grade 9. I did indeed return the following year and I believe in year 10, we spent more time together. Why is it, I can’t find a comment in the 1998 year book from you? You do realize if you’re ever in the vicinity of this year book of mine again, I’m going to make you write belated wishes for me in it? On top of that, I’m still waiting on that scanned drawing from your scrap book. I’m sure you’re busy schedule has made you forget about it, so consider this a nudge of a reminder.

~*~


Now, what I was actually intending to write about in this post is how some things change and how apparently, others will always stay the same; regardless of what life has handed you.

In both these yearbooks, ever second person referred to me with either a ‘P’ or the word ‘Princess’ prefixed to my name. A few made comments like, “Enjoy your fairytale life,” or “Keep living in your dreams.”

A hell of a lot has changed since then. I’ve seen a lot more. I’ve changed both physically and mentally. My personality has refined itself to whatever it is now. My thoughts and perceptions may still be very fairy-tale like. Or at least I’m beginning to question that possibility.

You see, I don’t really know if the concept of unhappy-endings seems logical to me. No matter what I go through, I’m always thinking it’ll get better. This not to be understood as a positive attitude; a positive attitude is something that many will blatantly deny exists in me, and I wouldn’t dare be able to object such an opinion in total. I’m also not a pessimist though. I vary. And this isn’t the point.

The point I’m trying to make is somewhere in my dream-like world, I tend to believe no problem will last forever and even if it does, there will always be a base stronger that will override if needed. If I loved you once and you loved me too, no matter what the circumstances may become, if there is a time when the essence of that love is needed in either a helping hand, a kind word, a shoulder to cry on, or an alliance in defense, it’ll will be that time when I appear; even if we’re in the midst of a storm ourselves.

My last post sort of relates to this topic. It didn’t really occur to me that some people don’t have these thoughts in them; that some people can’t get over past pains, or disagreements despite any essence of that solid base that should stabilize any relationship.

In a completely unrelated topic this morning, someone said something along the lines of, “Ya well, you know not everyone is you, yeah?” Though I’ve never believed us all to be the same, I guess there are still parts of me that don’t see just how different we all are.

An example of that would be I can’t count the number of times I’ve been accused of being angry when my words here weren’t intended so, nor was I feeling angry at the time of posting and on top of it, while re-reading my initial thoughts I couldn’t see the anger someone else managed to read in my words.

I’ve been relatively quiet these days, I know. Aside from a few random posts here or there, I’ve simply not found myself with the will or energy to blog. This will pass as most of my phases do. But in the meantime, I’m trying to kick my ass out of the personal-psychoanalysis I tend to torture myself with every now and then and am currently inflicting on myself, and force myself back to the reality of life.

I suppose I’m just going to have to accept that when you’re a ‘dreamer’ as I am, reality is objective.

10 Comments:

Blogger purchasewoods said...

And I love that about you. xx L

5:06 PM, August 01, 2006  
Blogger Hot Lemon& Honey said...

Tainted..."I tend to believe no problem will last forever" thats not being in a dream like land, everything has an ending, happy or sad, sometimes its our distorted perception that makes it last longer than it actually is.
This person who told you that "not everybody is you" is right, your expectations might be unrealistic to assume that we are, although we have lots of things in common as human being, the number of ways we differ is just as much as our similarities and once we learn to accept that fact dissappointment won't be such a big issue. Its when we expect people to react the same way as we do to certain situations is when we get dissapointed.
You will finally accept it...just like all of us have, ten you will choose whether you want to be the person who goes with the follow or follow your own. ( I doubt any of this makes any sense).

5:25 PM, August 01, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

So what's wrong with being a dreamer, as you are?

Mostly, they're as real and objective, as they can be.

As was said by someone, maybe Freud or Jung 'our dreams are what we're made of',

So, if we stopped being a dreamer, what's the point in being what we are, what else could drive us to excel in love, success, etc.?

6:30 PM, August 01, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Allah says in the hadeeth qudsi from the naration of abu tharr:

'Oh My slaves I have made transgression impermissible on Me and have made it impermissible amongst you, Oh my slaves it is only your deeds that I account for, whoever finds blessing/good let him praise Allah, and whoever finds evil then let him not blame but himself.'

And We gave you the shade of clouds and sent down to you Manna and quails, saying: "Eat of the good things We have provided for you:" (but they rebelled); to Us they did no harm, but they harmed their own souls.
-----


This is because of the (unrighteous deeds) which your hands sent on before ye: for Allah never harms those who serve Him."
-----------

But whosoever turns away from My Message, verily for him is a life narrowed down, and We shall raise him up blind on the Day of Judgment
-------------

123] Not your desires, nor those of the People of the Book (can prevail): whoever works evil, will be requited accordingly. Nor will he find, besides Allah, any protector or helper.

[124] If any do deeds of righteousness, - be they male or female - and have faith, they will enter Heaven, and not the least injustice will be done to them.

[125] Who can be better in religion than one who submits his whole self to Allah,?!

6:57 PM, August 01, 2006  
Blogger Tainted Female said...

You all can thank anonymous here for the fact that I'm no longer allowing anonymous comments. I apologize to all those who do normally comment here anonymously but have made an identifiable handle for themselves.

I'm pretty sure I know who this person is, and since the the first and last time I spoke to them, all they did was promote their fundamental-Islamic blog - while I explained I'm not in a position to read such things now because of my current emotional & psychological state, and reading it would only make me feel horrible about myself, I wasn't interested in going there just now.

I find it insulting that they've come and pasted Hadiths here, (that are irrelevant to this blog entry, from what I can read) despite them claiming to understand why I didn't want to read this sort of thing just now in the first place. And I don't like it when people try and force something, anything (even if it's for a greater cause) on me.

Anon, please take this as a hint. You're not welcome here.

11:23 PM, August 01, 2006  
Blogger Tainted Female said...

And if in deed it is you, Jehovah's Whitenesses are taught to push religion on people.

We Muslims, we're taught to do no such thing. It's one thing to offer guidance. Another thing to push as you've done here. Perhaps you might consider learning about moderation in Islam.

11:26 PM, August 01, 2006  
Blogger psamtani said...

As was said by someone, maybe Freud or Jung 'our dreams are what we're made of'

Maybe if you're snorting lines like Freud. LOL. If I were to believe him, I subconciously want to have sex with my mother (that one fi black feline).

The point I’m trying to make is somewhere in my dream-like world, I tend to believe no problem will last forever and even if it does, there will always be a base stronger that will override if needed.

I hereby invite you to join the idealist club. Nothing wrong with dreaming of the world as you'd like to see it Sheika T. maafi mushkil

4:30 AM, August 02, 2006  
Blogger psamtani said...

btw, i didn't read the bit about the kitty dying before posting the picture earlier. Sorry about that, i feel awful.

5:22 AM, August 02, 2006  
Blogger inmotion said...

darling .. aren't u glad not everyone is you or like you?

we wouldn't have TF then.

9:24 AM, August 02, 2006  
Blogger psamtani said...

@bk: who, me?

7:31 PM, August 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home